The distinguished panel was introduced by Tim NeCastro, CEO, Erie Insurance and will feature:
- Jose Munoz, Director of the Coalition for Community Schools at the Institute for Educational Leadership
- Dr. Reuben Jacobson, Director of Education Policy and Leadership Program and Senior Professorial Lecturer School of Education at American University
- Brian Polito, Superintendent, Erie’s Public Schools
The engaging conversation addressed:
- How education inequities and poverty are intertwined
- Why Community Schools are an equitable strategy to support student success regardless of geographic location including rural, urban and suburban districts
- Why the Community School model is getting so much national as well as local attention and how research shows evidence-based approaches to student social, emotional and academic outcomes
- How does removing the non-academic barriers to learning aligns with the academic curriculum and what can the local community can realistically expect in terms of overall results and success?
- Why the impact of additional funding of Erie’s Public Schools will be limited to such critical needs as addressing updating school building infrastructure and technology.