Volunteers expected to assist with 50+ projects throughout Erie County
What: 2016 United Way Days of Caring
Date: Saturday, April 9 – Sunday, April 17, 2016
Available to speak to the media:
• Mike Jaruszewicz, United Way of Erie County Director of Community Building Phone:(814) 520-9123 | Email: email@example.com
• Days of Caring is United Way of Erie County’s annual community-wide volunteer mobilization effort taking place during April, National Volunteer Month. Volunteering is essential to a healthy community – it creates ownership, builds relationships, fosters civic responsibility and fulfills vital needs.
• Each year, United Way helps connect thousands of volunteers to service projects across the community. Projects include everything from outdoor cleanups and landscaping to painting and gardening.
• This year, there are more than 4,000 volunteers expected to mobilize.
• More than 50 projects helping nonprofits, schools and neighborhoods throughout Erie County are scheduled to take place between April 9-17, 2016.
• There are still projects in need of volunteers. Those interested in signing up should visit Get Connected, the region’s volunteer portal: GetConnectedErie.org.
• Get Connected has more than 350 other volunteer opportunities available to Erie County residents throughout the year.
• Thanks to the generous support of the Erie SeaWolves, each volunteer in the 2016 Days of Caring will receive a FREE ticket voucher to attend a game! Additional support and partnerships helping to make Days of Caring possible include Waste Management, Target, The City of Erie, PennDOT, and The Great PA Clean-Up.
• A complete list of projects are available at UnitedWayErie.org/Days-Caring and here are recommended events for media coverage:
- SNOOPS Neighborhood Watch, Sat. April 9; 9:00am-1:00pm
- GO College/East High School, Thurs. April 14; 9:00am-12:00pm
- Gannon University’s Day of Caring, Sat. April 16; 8:30am-12:00pm