What: Super Saturday Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Awareness Kick Off
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Place: United Way of Erie County
420 West Sixth Street, Suite 200
Available to speak to the media:
• Cheryl Bates – Program Director, Erie FREE Taxes
• Gary Lee – Director of Administration, Erie County Government
• IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers will complete tax returns for Volunteer Income Tax
Assistance (VITA) users at United Way’s Super Saturday EITC Awareness Kick-Off event
on January 24, 2015. This event highlights the importance of the Earned Income Tax
Credit (EITC) in helping individuals and families to move towards financial stability. Tax
filers with income of $53,000 or less will have their federal, state and local returns
prepared for FREE.
• This event is by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 1-888-829-5680.
• Gary Lee, Director of Administration for Erie County government, will represent Erie
County Executive Kathy Dahlkemper, at this event.
• Light refreshments will be provided.