- Sally Simmons of Penelec, A FirstEnergy Company won a $3,000 shopping spree, courtesy of Wegmans;
- Michele Kaliszewski of Erie Insurance, won two roundtrip airplane tickets, courtesy of Erie International Airport, Tom Ridge Field;
- Dr. Donald Birx was selected as the winner of the four $250 Citgo gas cards ($1,000), courtesy of Country Fair; Dr. Birx presented Penn State Behrend students who are part of Greener Behrend's Waste Not Program with the gift cards. The Waste Not Program delivers leftover food from Dobbins Dining Hall to the Erie City Mission. The students drive the food to the City Mission using their own vehicles and gas. Nearly 2,000 pounds of food were delivered during this school year! Thanks for LIVING UNITED Dr. Birx and PSU Behrend students!
- Joe Lassman of the Housing Authority of the City of Erie won “Free Laughs for a Year,” courtesy of Jr’s Last Laugh;
- Ronald Francis of GE Transportation won a Peek ‘n Peak Summer & Winter Getaway Package, courtesy of Scott Enterprises;
- Martin Szabat of Brugger Funeral Home and Crematory won the Ultimate Sports Package, courtesy of the Erie BayHawks, Erie Seawolves and Erie Otters; and
- Jennifer Mangus of Erie Insurance won a $1,000 Target Gift Card, courtesy of Huffman Family Chiropractic.
Additionally, two step-up incentive prizes were awarded. To be eligible in this drawing, individuals must have increased their annual pledge to United Way by $26 or made a new donation of $26 or more. The winners were:
- Ray Slater of Tops Markets - Store #602, who won “Dinner for Two for a Year,” courtesy of Scott Enterprises; and
- Chipper Causgrove of Wegmans, who won a 55” HDTV, courtesy of Jensen’s Target Collision.
We are already hard at work securing the incentive prizes for our 2015 campaign this fall! Give to United Way and maybe the Prize Patrol will visit you next year!